Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Tuesday

Today we had a meeting about the business plan for our area. We were told we would have to do even more with less, even though everyone is over-worked now. We had to think of creative ways to be more efficient. Although that doesn't sound like the most fun meeting, I was able to start the conversation regarding the old "we can do everything." We talked about what is within our scope and what wasn't and prioritizing. Some are really getting it. If you try and be all things to all people, you probably don't become your best at anything. Our leadership wants everything done...so now where does the extra work fall? Who knows? I'm thinking lots of people are in my situation, especially with more work, less people mentality. I'm actually trying to look at my work in different ways. I have realized I may have to prioitize the things that my employer says are most important and makes the most money. I may have to convince them to drop some things, maybe even things I like to do. We can't do it all. If you struggle with this, think of ways you could let the small stuff go and if there is no small stuff, decide if you can have that heart to heart with you boss. Make sure to come with potential solutions like re assigning work, taking on an intern, stick with what's most needed by your customers, focus! Hope your day is wonderful! Remember, the happier you are at your current work situation, the more open you are to letting your dream job in!

No comments:

Post a Comment