Monday, August 27, 2012

Demanding Workload and Staying Happy-All options open

Happy Monday morning!
I decided to take some of my own advice. I personally think it's always good to keep all options open. I applied for my 1st job after 15 years. I thought why not. It's good to compare what you have to what is out there. It's important not to think the grass is always greener either. I've decided a few things about this comparison:
  1. I will always go with my gut. I didn't my job before and that was a hard lesson learned.
  2. I will weigh out all my most important must haves- certain $, friendly, fun work environment, flexible, organizations rep for laying people off and most impiortnat- is this the work I really want to do.
  3. Weight out retirement situation
  4. Oddly- when I get selected for a position, I think it's important to spend a day observing. That may sound untraditional but if they really want me they will let me do it. I'm letting my gut kick in. If things are good, there is nothing to hide.
Remember to keep your options open. It's makes you feel better when you know your destiny is in your own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment