Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life Balance- Taking an Evening Off

Good Morning. I did not feel my best yesterday and I did only the things I like after work...walking the dog and working on my happiness website. It was 7:30pm and people were aksing me to do some fun things but I really wanted to just get in my PJ's and stay in. Well I actually did it, and it wasn't easy at first. I read a great book, watched some TV and re-heated food. Very relaxing. I have to say, not only do I feel better but have my energy back AND have a great attitude at work today.
Some may ask...how do I do this with committments in the eve. Here are some suggestions:
  • ask for help from others and see what you can cancel on. If you're sick most don't want to be around you anyway
  • Order dinner
  • get you PJs on- they will get the hint
  • If all you can do is end your eve early, get into bed as early as you can...and get that fav drink, book or whatever gets you to sleep ASAP.
Your goal is to get as much sleep as you need. Everyone at work will appreciate it and you won't have to call off...hopefully :)

No comments:

Post a Comment